What better way to celebrate Autumn than taking your family to visit a local apple orchard to pick fruit. Then, take those delicious apples home and bake the quintessential favorite – Apple Pie! It´s so easy when you start with Pillsbury® Refrigerated Pie Crusts, which deliver the look and taste of homemade without the time and stress of making a crust from scratch.
To celebrate all that the apple harvest brings, Pillsbury is encouraging families to join in the fun in a number of ways this fall.
VISITING AN APPLE ORCHARD
To pick the best apples for your pie, gather the family for a road trip to the local apple orchard to savor the flavors of fall. Not sure which orchard is closest to you? Log onto tasteofhome.com/appleorchards to find a list of orchards that are planning Love the Pie! baking demonstration events across the country. While there, you can learn pie baking tips and ideas from State Fair Pie Baking Champions, and pick up recipes and participate in other orchard activities.
The best part of baking an apple pie is the memories you make with your family. Don´t forget to capture photos and videos of your entire adventure from your apple orchard visit to baking the pie at home. Pillsbury would love for you to share your photos and video on Pillsbury´s “Love the Pie” Facebook page too! Join Pillsbury on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lovethepie and follow them on Twitter at www.twitter.com/love_the_pie.
In addition, you can visit Pillsbury.com/pie to download a printable coupon for $0.50 off a package of Pillsbury Pie Crusts today!
BAKING APPLE PIES TOGETHER
After your orchard visit, get the family involved in making pies and other treats together. Pillsbury Pie Crusts are an easy base for your favorite warm apple treats. Simply unroll into a pie plate, fill with your favorite variety of sliced apples and filling, and bake! From orchard to oven, Pillsbury Pie Crusts make apple pie baking simple with delicious results.
I tried out an apple crostata which was easy and delicious. Here are a few more recipes to help inspire you to create delicious, homemade apple pies!
- Perfect Apple Pie is the model of a classic dessert – a beautiful double-crust creation with sugary cinnamon, nutmeg and a splash of lemon juice. So easy to make, this recipe is great for beginner pie bakers looking for impressive results.
- Festive Apple-berry Pie is the perfect blend of sweet and tart, with a gorgeous color palette of golden apples and dark red cranberries. Use frozen cranberries to make this dish even more quick and easy!
- Topsy-Turvy Apple Pie combines two classics – apple and pecan. Invert the plate to reveal a gorgeous pecan topping. This is a dessert that both apple and pecan pie fans will “flip over”.
- Easy Apple Pie Foldover is a great solution for keeping the kids happy; a simple mixture of apples and brown sugar folded inside a golden brown baked Pillsbury pie crust. With four servings, it´s a modestly sized apple treat that is kid-friendly to make, and eat.
- Cinnamon-Apple Pie with Caramel-Pecan Sauce truly harvests all of autumn´s bounty in a clever presentation. Ready in just under an hour – each slice is topped off with a luscious blend of butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, pecans, whipping cream and vanilla for a saucy treat.
For even more delicious pie ideas throughout the year visit Pillsbury.com/pie for fun and easy recipes to satisfy every season.
I have a Pillsbury “Love the Pie” prize pack which includes a VIP coupon for a free sample of Pillsbury® Refrigerated Pie Crusts, a pie dish, and apple themed kitchen items to help one lucky readers celebrate this fun time of year. Pillsbury provided me with the products, information, and giveaway through MyBlogSpark. They also sent me a prize pack too which I used some of the items to make the apple crostata.
To enter leave a comment on this post sharing a fall harvest ritual that your family has, such as going apple picking or baking a pie with freshly picked apples, etc. You have until 10 pm (MST) on Sunday Oct 24 to enter. Winner will be announced on Monday Oct 25.