- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1 1/2 lb top sirloin steak, sliced thin***see note
- olive oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 sliced green bell pepper
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 4–5 soft hoagie rolls
- 8–10 slices provolone cheese
- In a gallon sized ziploc bag, add the mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Seal and knead the bag to combine the ingredients. Add in the sliced beef and marinate from 6 hours to overnight.
- in a skillet, add in some olive oil. Then add in onion and peppers and cook until tender. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Now remove the steak from the marinade and add to the skillet. Cook undisturbed for a minute. Then stir to cook until no longer pink. This just takes a few minutes. Add the onion/peppers back in and warm.
- Open hoagie rolls and place on a baking sheet. Top each roll with 2 slices of cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and rolls are toasted.
- Sere rolls topped with beef mixture. Makes 4-5 sandwiches.
Place the beef in the freezer for 45 minutes and then slice.