- 1 lb sirloin steak, sliced thin across the grain
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove miced garlic
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp of the olive oil and add the slices of steak. Season with salt and pepper and cook until meat is fully cooked. Remove from the skillet. Set aside and cover with foil.
- In that same skillet, add another tsp of oil. Then add in the onion, peppers, and mushrooms. Cook until tender.
- Add the meat back into the skillet and add in the garlic. Cook until heated again.
- Take tortillas and brush one side of each with melted butter.
- In another skillet, add one of the tortillas buttered side down. Then top with 3 slices of provolone followed by 1/2 of the meat mixture. Top with another tortilla butter side up. Cook until bottom side is browned then flip to brown other side. Remove from skillet and cut into 4 pieces. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients. Makes 4 servings.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Mexican