- 3 lb Russet, Red, or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 4 oz of light cream cheese, cut into cubes
- pepper to taste
- Place dice potatoes into a large pot with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat slightly. Cover and cook for 16-20 minutes until potatoes are fold tender and drain.
- Add remaining ingredients in with the potatoes. Cover and let side for a couple of minutes to soften the butter and cream cheese.
- Mash with a potato masher or beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Do not over mix or potatoes will get gummy.
To freeze, spread into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and allow to cool completely. Cover with heavy duty foil for up to 1 month.
To bake, place in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until fully heated.