- 4 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 (16 oz) container or 2 cups reduced fat sour cream
- 3–5 tsp water, if needed
- 4 Tbsp melted butter (need when baking the entire batch of biscuits)
- In a food processor, add all of the dry ingredients and pulse a few times to get the ingredients mixed together.
- Add butter to the food processor and pulse until butter is cut into pea sized pieces. This will take a few minutes.
- Next, add the sour cream and and pulse until a soft dough is formed. If the dough is too dry you can add some water. (I didn’t need any water)
- Remove dough from the food processor and knead a couple of times on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out to 1 inch in thickness. Use a biscuit cutter or drinking glass to cut out into round biscuit shapes or cut into squares using a pizza cutter.
- If freezing, place biscuits on a cookie sheet for about 1-2 hours, until solid. After they are frozen, place in a freezer bag to store. Use as needed.
- To bake biscuits whether fresh or frozen: Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and brush with melted butter. Bake at 400 for 15-17 minutes or until top is golden. Halfway through the baking process, brush the tops of the biscuits again with melted butter. Makes 16-20 biscuits.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breads
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American