- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (I use butter)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- optional: chocolate chips (you need a 12 oz bag for the entire recipe, I like to do half the recipe)
- Mix margarine, sugars, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla together until well combined.
- Then add soda, salt, and flour. Mix just until combined. This is a really soft dough. This is where you can add chocolate chips or roll the cookies in sugar, if you like.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, just until they start to get a little brown (you’ll probably think they need to cook longer but don’t do it unless you want crunchy cookies). Then cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before putting them on a cooling rack. Makes around 4 dozen cookies.