- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a round cake pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar together. Add in egg and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, and baking powder together. Add this mixture alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture until combined.
- Spread mixture into the bottom of the prepared cake pan and top with peach slices.
- In another bowl, cut the topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the peaches.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 3o minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.