- 1 lb ground beef (or Italian sausage for even more flavor)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/3 cup julienne cut carrots
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can Northern Beans or Cannellini beans, undrained
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 oz) bottle V8 original vegetable juice
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 6 oz dry ditalini or small shell pasta
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, brown ground beef along with diced onion, the julienne carrots, diced celery, and garlic until meat is browned and fully cooked. Drain off any grease.
- Then add the tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, V8, vinegar, salt pepper, oregano, and thyme to the meat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- While the soup simmers, bring another pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to pkg directions. Drain and add to the soup just before serving. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese if desired. Serves 12.