- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 (16 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 (16 oz) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 1/2 tsp parsley
- pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups pasta sauce
- 4 oz or 2/3 cup ditali pasta, uncooked
- In a skillet, brown beef and sausage until fully cooked and drain off any excess grease.
- Add cooked meat to a large crock pot along with all the other ingredients EXCEPT for the pasta.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours of on high for 4-5 hours.
- Before serving soup, cook pasta according to package directions and mix into soup. Serves 6-8