- 12 frozen buttermilk waffles
- 6 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- sliced fresh strawberries for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place waffles in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn waffles over and bake for 5 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spray an 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Divide cream cheese into 6 cubes. With six of the waffles, spread one side of each of those 6 waffles with a cube of the cream cheese.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Line the bottom of the dish with the waffles spread with cream cheese with the cream cheese side up.
- Top waffles with strawberries. Then place remaining 6 waffles over strawberries making 6 waffles sandwiches.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and maple syrup. Pour mixture over waffles coating each waffle evenly. Cover and let waffles sit in the fridge for 30 minutes. Then carefully flip the waffle sandwiches over with a spatula, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees. The waffles should have puffed up by now and will completely cover the bottom of the baking dish.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan, whisk together brown sugar and butter over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Pour over waffles.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until set in the middle. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top with additional sliced strawberries if desired. Serves 6-8.