- The night before, add the yeast, flour, sugar, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Then one at a time, add in the milk, butter, and vanilla -mixing to combine after each ingredient.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to sit out at room temperature overnight.
- In the morning preheat your waffle maker.
- While the waffle maker heats, add the yolks of the eggs to the batter that sat out overnight. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, the gently fold into the batter.
- Prepare waffles according to your waffle maker’s manufacturers instructions. Makes about 4-5 waffles using 1 cup of batter per waffle.