- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 32 mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, each cut into 4 pieces
- Mix the ingredients down to the vanilla. Add soda, salt, and flour. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using and ice cream scoop, scoop dough (these are big cookies). Place 6 scoops of dough on ungreased cookie sheet. Use your hand and slightly flatten each scoop of dough. Cook for 12 minutes at 350.
- Remove cookies from oven and lightly press 8 cut up pieces of the Reese’s peanut butter cups over the top of each cookie. Return to oven for 2 more minutes. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes before placing on cooling rack. I think these cookies are best eaten warm. However, the still taste great the next day. Are best if eaten no later than the day after baking. Makes 18 cookies.
Variation: use mini or regular M&M pieces in place of the Reese’s pieces.