- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 all beef hot dogs (I like Ball Park Franks)
- 1/2 cup sweet relish
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can of chili or 2 cups of your own chili
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread a coating on mayonnaise on the inside of the hot dog buns.
- Fill the buns with the hot dogs and place in a 9x 13 inch baking dish. You will have to squeeze then into the dish.
- Top each dog with a Tablespoon of the relish.
- In a pan, saute the butter and onion until tender. Add the chili to the onions and stir until well combined.
- Top the dogs with the chili and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil at bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.