- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender.
- Add carrots and celery, sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add in broth, tomatoes, orzo, thyme, oregano, rosemary and stir to combine. Bring soup to a simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the spinach for a minute and allow to wilt. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Top with Parmesan cheese to serve. Serves 4.