- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz) pkg Ronzoni Smart Taste Penne Pasta
- 1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- In a large oven proof skillet or pot, heat oil oven medium heat. Add the beef and sausage to the skillet and brown until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, basil and water to the skillet. Stir until well combined.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat slightly to a good simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Add the ricotta and parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Top with mozzarella and place in the oven under the broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly. If you didn’t use and oven safe pot or skillet, just cover until the cheese in melted. Seves 6.