- 4 Tbsp butter cut into slices
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups flour, divided
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp rapid rise yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat over to warm, 170 degrees.
- Place butter, buttermilk and water into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until butter is mostly melted and the liquid reaches 115-120 degrees. Mixture will separate, don’t worry. Add to the bowl of stand mixer. Attatch the dough hook.
- Add in 3 cups of the flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Turn on low speed and mix until combined. With remaining 1 cup of flour, add a little at a time until the dough cleans sides of bowl. Usually, 1/2 cup of the flour during this step.
- Allow dough knead on medium low for 4-5 minutes. Transfer dough to a countertop sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces. Then cut each piece into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a round ball. Place into a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish(s), placing 1/2 inch apart. Turn oven to off and place rolls in the warm oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove rolls from oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly brush tops of rolls with melted butter. Place rolls in the 375degree oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown on top. Brush with additional melted butter if desired and serve. For best results serve warm. Makes 1 dozen rolls.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breads
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American