- For the pastry:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- For the whipped cream:
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 cup Nutella
- For the chocolate drizzle:
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Combine water and butter in medium saucepan; cook to boiling, stirring until butter melts. Add flour all at once; stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture leaves the side of pan and forms a ball. Remove from heat.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating with spoon after each addition until smooth. Drop dough by spponfulls the sice of a walnut, 3 inches apart, onto the prepared tcookie sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- While the puffs are cooling, whip the cream using a stand mixer or hand mixer. When the cream forms stiff peaks beat in the powdered sugar until combined. Add the Nutella and beat until light and fluffy.
- Cut cooled puffs in half horizontally and fill with nutella whipped cream.
- For the chocolate drizzle, add the chocolate chips and whipped cream to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 minutes. Stir and then microwave for another 20 seconds. Stir until well combined.
- Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the filled cream puffs. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve. Makes 18-20 cream puffs.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: dessert, Valentine's, cream puffs, Nutella