- 3 cups Hungry Jack Buttermilk Pancake mix
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 2 cups water
- canola oil
- 8 hot dogs with popsicle sicks or half a skewer inserted in each (you will have leftover batter with this amount of hot dogs)
- In a bowl, combine the pancake mix, cornmeal, egg, and water. Whisk together until well blended.
- Heat canola oil in in a pot until 350 degrees.
- Give batter a good whisking again and dip hot dog in batter to coat. Gently place the hot dogs in the hot oil. I only cook two at a time.
- Place on paper towels to drain.
- Use extra batter for another meal of cornbread pancakes. Top with barbecue meat and coleslaw or top them just like a tostada with re-fried beans, meat etc. for a savory dish or just serve them with butter and syrup.