- 22 Oreo Cookies
- 3 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 drops pink food coloring (or a few drops of red)
- additional whipped cream and crushed peppermints for garnish
- Finely crush Oreos in food processor. Mix in the melted butter and sugar. Press mixture into bottom and about 1 inch up sides of springform pan.Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until well mixed. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip heavy cream and powder sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture. Add in food coloring and peppermint and fold until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the preared crust in the springform pan. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, garnish with dollops of whipped cream and crushed peppermints if desired. Serves 16.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American