- 8 oz linguine pasta, uncooked
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 oz Gruyere cheese (or Gouda), shredded
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in sliced mushrooms, sauté for 6 minutes. Add minced garlic, sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Whisk the flour mixture into the mushrooms and garlic. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Add shredded cheese, stir until cheese has melted. Mix in spinach, allow to wilt.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet, toss to coat. Serves 4.