- 30 Oreo cookies, made into crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (6 oz) can evaporated milk
- 2 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate**see note
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a bowl, combine the oreo crumbs and butter toether. Press into the bottom of a freezer safe 9 x 13 inch pan. Place the pan in the freezer for about 15 minutes until firm.
- Spread the softened ice cream over the oreo crust. Cover and put back in the freezer.
- In a sauce pan, add the sugar, evaporated milk, chocolate squares, and vanilla. Cook over medium heat until blend and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute and remove from heat. Allow the sauce to cool until no longer. You don’t want it to melt the ice cream layer.
- Pour the cooled sauce over the ice cream layer of the pie. Spread evenly to cove the ice cream. The carefully spread the Cool Whip over the chocolate sauce. Place the pie in the freezer overnight.
- To serve, allow pie to sit for about 5 minutes oustside the freezer. Slice into 12 squares. Serve with nuts if desired to sprinkle on each serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove Top/Freezer
- Cuisine: American