- 4 cups uncooked noodles (Bow tie, rotini, penne, whatever you want)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (I left this out because I’m the only mushroom lover at my house)
- 1 1/2 cup cups water
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- diced green onion, optional
- additional sour cream, optional
- Cook noodles according to package.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, onions, and mushrooms over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water and gravy mix. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and mix in sour cream. Server over cooked noodles. Top with additional sour cream and green onion if desired. The green onion adds a nice and fresh flavor to the dish. Serves 4-5