- 1 pkg fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 6–8 drops green food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (16 oz) jar fudge ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped sundae nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour into a 13×9-in. baking pan lined with foil. Bake at 325° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Allow to cool completely.
- Once Brownie base is cool, in a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, extract and food coloring if desired.
- Whip whipping cream. Then fold in the sweetened condensed milk and mini chocolate chips to the whipped cream.
- Spread over brownie layer. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting. Remove from pan using foil and cut into 15 squares.
- Warm hot fudge just enough to make it easy to use. You don’t want it too hot or it will melt the ice cream. Place in a quart sized freezer bag. Cut a corner of the bag using scissors. Then pipe the hot fudge onto the squares. Then sprinkle with the nuts. Serves 15.