- 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (from the lemon you zested)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 3 cup bundt pan or 6 inch cake pan with non-stick baking spray. Baking spray is the key to easily removing the cake from the bundt pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl, mix the sugar and lemon zest together with a fork. Use the fork to mash the zest with the sugar. This will help to release the oils in the zest. Then add the yogurt, oil, egg and vanilla to sugar mixture. Mix until combined.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix together just until the flour is absorbed. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. invert and remove the cake from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients together to get it to a drizzling consistency. After the cake has cooled, drizzle with glaze, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.