- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp. corn syrup
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together cake flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. You want to get rid of any lumps of flour.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix gently until just combined. Place the batter into a ziploc freezer bag and snip a small piece off the corner of the bag to create a pipping bag or just use a pipping bag.
- Spray your donut pan or donut maker with a light coat of non-stick cooking spray. Carefully pipe the batter into the donut maker or donut pan. If using a donut pan pipe enough batter into each well to fill halfway. If using a donut maker pipe into the bottom half of the preheated maker completely filling each well. Be careful to not let the piping bag touch the hot donut maker.
- Cook the donuts according to donut pan directions or for 3 minutes in the donut maker. Repeat this process until all the batter is used up.
- Place the glaze ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 second intervals, stirring after each one until the ingredients are all melted and combined well. This will take about 3 – 20 second intervals.
- Dip top half of donuts in glaze and place on a baking sheet to allow glaze to set. Sprinkle with sprinkles if desired right after dipping. Make about 58 mini donuts.