- 2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese (I have used the lowfat version also and it works fine)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- vanilla wafers or oreo cookies
- 18 cupcake liners
- pie filling (I like cherry or blueberry) or fresh fruit
- Cream cream cheese and sugar together. Add eggs and lemon juice. Beat until smooth.
- Line cupcake pan with liners. Place vanilla wafer flat side down in each liner. If using oreos, use the chocolate wafers after scraping frosting off.
- Fill 3/4 full with cream cheese mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cheesecakes to cool and store in the fridge. Paper liners can be left on or removed.
- To serve: top with pie filling. The cheesecakes can also be frozen. Freeze before topping. Then thaw and top with pie filling.
Chocolate swirl variation: Make using oreo cookies as base. Fill as above in recipe. Cook cheesecakes for 6 minutes. Drop 4 to 5 chocolate chips in batter. Let sit for a minute for chocolate to melt. Swirl chocolate in the batter with a toothpick. Continue baking until done.
Turtle variation: Make using oreo cookies as base. Fill and cook as above in recipe. (can also use the chocolate swirl variation for this too). Remove paper liners. To serve: drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with chopped pecans or 1 pecan half.