- 1 uncooked prepared pie crust, chilling in the fridge until used
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheated 350 degrees. Place pecans on a baking sheet and cook for 8-12 minutes until Lightly toasted.
- In a sauce pan, heat the sugar, syrup, and butter together until it boils, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Beat in the eggs, cream, vanilla and salt into the cooked mixture.
- Spread the pecans over the bottom of the prepared pie crust. Then pour the syrup mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake pie at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Serves 6-8.