- 52 (2 lbs) frozen, fully cooked meatballs (I only use 1 lb when making this as a main dish)
- 1 (18 oz) jar apricot preserves
- 1 (16 oz) jar medium salsa
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Place meatballs in a 3- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker that has been prepared with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour sauce over meatballs. Cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours, or until meatballs are heated through. Serve as an appetizer with toothpicks or over rice as a main dish. Makes 10-12 servings.
Variation: If using the stove top method, I recommend using mild salsa unless you like things spicy. The heat stays more in the stove top version and lessens when cooking in the slow cooker. Combine all ingredients in a 3- to 4-quart saucepan. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat on the stove for 55-60 minutes, stirring occasionally until meatballs are heated through.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American