- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 5 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- In a saucepan, add the salt, milk, and butter. Cook over medium heat until the butter is melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the yeast and warm water. Add a sprinkle of the 1/2 of sugar to the yeast and let sit for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture, sugar, eggs, cooled milk mixture and flour. Stir just until blended and no lumps of flour remain. Do not over mix. The dough will be sticky and very loose and be more batter like.
- Let the batter/dough rise until double (about 90 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spoon it into 36 greased muffin tins. Fill 1/2 of the way. Let it raise again until the dough is slightly domed out of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Makes about 36 dinner sized rolls.