- ½ cup margarine (I use butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Next add then the bananas, milk, and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients and add to wet mixture. Fold in the nuts if desired.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Insert a toothpick to make sure it is fully cooked. Makes 1 large loaf.