- 1 box lemon cake mix, plus ingredients required for the cake
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (3 oz) pkg white chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon Jello powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1–3 Tbsp whipping cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 18 x 13 inch sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.In a large bowl, add cake mix and ingredients needed on the package along with the buttermilk and pudding mix. Beat together with a mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared sheet pan and spread evenly into the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients but start with 1 Tbsp of whipping cream or milk. Beat until fluffy and add more whipping cream or milk if needed to get desired consistency for the frosting.
- Frost cooled cake with frosting and serve. Serves at least 24.
- Category: dessert, cake
- Cuisine: American