- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1–2 Tbsp poppyseeds
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp melted butter **note
- lemon butter syrup, fresh berries, and whipped cream
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour baking powder, salt, poppyseeds and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, lemon peel, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and whisk together just until combined. Then stir in the melted butter.
- Cook batter according to your waffle maker instructions. I use ½ batter for my regular waffle iron and 1 cup for my Belgian waffle maker. Makes 6 regular waffles or 3 Belgian waffles.
- Serve topped with lemon butter syrup, fresh berries and whipped cream.
**canola oil can be used instead