- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® lemon cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
Frosting and Garnish
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened (I’m a butter girl)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 15x10x1-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, buttermilk, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. In medium bowl, beat shortening, butter, grated lemon peel, lemon juice and powdered sugar on high speed until smooth and creamy; add more lemon juice if needed. Spread over cake.