- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Caramel Sauce
- 1 (5 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 (14 oz) bag Kraft caramels (unwrapped) or 1 (11 oz) bag Kraft Caramel Bits
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease or spray a 9 x 13 in pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually mix in the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread half of cookie dough into the prepared pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, melt the caramels and evaporated milk in a double boiler. Once combined, mix in the peanut butter until combined. Spread over the baked cookie dough base.
- With the remaining cookie dough, drop by spoonfuls on top of the caramel mixture.
- Bake 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cuting. Makes 18 bars.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Bars, Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American