- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cut out an 8 x 8 inch square of parchment paper.
- Place the parchment paper in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large sauce pan, add the butter, honey, brown sugar, and peanut butter.
- Place on the stove over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally with a large spoon until it begins to bubble.
- Once bubbling, cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla followed by the oats and crispy cereal. Stir until well coated then pour into the 8 x 8 inch dish.
- Press the mixture evenly into the dish.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the top and gently press into the granola bars with your hands.
- Allow to cool and then cut into bars. Makes 12-16 granola bars.