- 1 (18.25 oz) Chocolate Fudge cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 gallon of ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, and canola oil.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until ingredients are mixed with together and it looks like cookie dough. You don’t want any dry cake mix to remain.
- Drop spoonfuls (or use a cookie scoop) on a baking sheet. You will need 2 sheets in order to use up all of the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the baking sheet and allow to cool on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Allow your ice cream to soften slightly if needed. This can be done by letting the carton sit on the counter for a minute or two.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on a cookie. Place another cookie on top and gently press the cookies together to slightly flatten the ice cream. Repeat this process with the remaining cookies, but only assemble them when you are ready to eat them.
- Makes 10-12 ice cream sandwiches. I got 11.