- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 3 ¾ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3–4 tbsp. milk or cream
- 2 tsp lime extract or lime juice
- 2 Tbsp lime zest
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds. Stop the mixer before adding the sugar or you will have a large mess to clean up.
- Add the sugar, 3 tablespoons milk (cream) and lime extract or juice and lime zest. Beat frosting starting on slow increasing your speed until frosting is nice and creamy. Add up to 1 or more tablespoons of milk (cream) if frosting to too thick.