- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ½ Tbsp grated lime zest
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- ¾ cup half and half
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Lime Butter Cream Frosting (recipe below)
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp grated lime zest
- Mix together cake mix, 1/2 Tbsp lime zest, key lime juice, half and half and eggs.
- Batter will be thicker. Pour batter into a greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes, until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Crumble cake into small, even pieces, placing crumbs in a large bowl.
- With the back of a spoon, mix together cake crumbles with the frosting, sweetened condensed milk, and 2 Tbsp lime zest until a thick “dough” consistency forms, making it easy to shape into a cake bite.
- Shape cake bites, evenly sized and cool for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator, or 20 minutes in the freezer. Dip into white melting chocolate. Top with crushed graham crackers.