- 1 box (18.25 oz) Betty Crocker Super Moist white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil, and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 to 8 drops red food color
- 6 to 8 drops yellow food color
- 1 container (1 lb) Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 6 drops red food color
- 8 drops yellow food color
- 3 tubes (0.68 oz each) Betty Crocker black decorating gel
- 3 rolls Betty Crocker Fruit by the Foot chewy fruit snack, any green variety (from 4.5-oz
box), or small green candies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place mini paper baking cup in each of 48 mini muffin cups. In large bowl,
beat cake mix, water, oil, and egg whites on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2
minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in orange peel and 6 to 8 drops each red and yellow food colors. Divide batter evenly among baking cups, about 1 heaping tablespoon each. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, stir together frosting, 6 drops red food color and 8 drops yellow food color.
Frost top of each cupcake. Using black gel, draw two triangles on each cupcake to look like
pumpkin eyes, and draw a circle to look like a mouth.
- Cut fruit snack into 48 (1-inch) pieces; tightly roll each piece to make a stem for each pumpkin
Place stem at top of each pumpkin.