- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 diced onion
- salt and pepper
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 8 cups water
- 8 tsp beef bullion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 pkg Good Seasoning dry Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (20 oz) pkg Cheese Tortellini (I used the refrigerated kind from Costco, but you can easily use dried.)
- Brown your hamburger in a large skillet with the onion, garlic and enough of salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the canned tomatoes in a blender and blend them until smooth.
- Put the meat mixture, blended tomatoes and all other ingredients BUT THE TORTELLINI and TOMATO SOUP into a large soup pot. Bring it to a boil then reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes. Partially cover your pot.
- In a separate medium sized sauce pan cook the tortellini according to package directions. Be sure not to over cook it. When it’s done drain the water from the tortellini and add it to the large soup pot.
- Stir in the tomato soup and let it simmer for just 5 more minutes. Makes enough for 12.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian