- 3 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Butter or spray a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add in the butter and pulse until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Add mixture to a bowl.
- Add in buttermilk and mix with a fork until it just comes together.
- Turn out on a floured surface. Knead it gently 3-4 times and shape into a rectangle. Divide into 8 equal piece.
- Gently form into rounds and transfer to prepared pan leaving at least 2-inches between each roll. Use a sharp knife, score an X in the center of each roll. Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.