- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini or great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb or 2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 oz cream cheese, diced into pieces
- juice of 1 lime
- Optional for serving – tortilla chips, avocado, more sour cream, and limes
- In a 6 qt Instant Pot, add in the onion, beans, corn, broth, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and lay chicken on top. No need to stir.
- Put on the lid and make sure valve is set to seal. Cook on high or manual for 20 minutes.
- After finished cooking, allow for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then do a quick release to release any excess pressure.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks. Add the chicken back to to the pot along with the cilantro, sou cream, cream cheese and lime juice. Stir well until cream cheese is melted.
- Serve the toppings like tortilla chips, diced avocado, sour cream, limes, etc. Serves 6-8.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican