- 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 2 lb beef stew meat, patted dry
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups beef broth
- ⅓ cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 2–3 Tbsp cornstarch
- mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice for serving
- In a skillet over medium heat, add in the oil and coat the bottom of the pan. Add in the beef stew meat in one layer and let brown (about 3-4 minutes) and then turn over to other side and brown.
- Sprinkle in the salt, pepper and flour and stir.
- Add in the diced onion, tomato paste, Worcestershire, vinegar and mushrooms. Cook until onion is soft (about 3 minutes). Turn off heat.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. Add in the beef broth and bring it to a boil. Once broth is boiling add in the meat mixture but don’t stir. Turn off sauté setting and immediately cover Instant Pot and lock lid into place. Set to cook on manual/pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- When time allow for natural pressure release for 15 minutes then do a quick release to remove any remaining pressure. Remove the lid.
- Stir the cornstarch and heavy cream/milk together until smooth. Turn Instant Pot to saute and add the mixture into the pot. Stir until sauce thickens.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve beef, mushrooms and sauce over mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes + time to come to pressure
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American