- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken and vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley or 2 tsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup fideo pasta
- Turn the Instant Pot on to sauté, add in olive oil, carrots, celery, onion, and zucchini. Saute for about 3 minutes until tender. Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off saute and add in the diced tomatoes, broth, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper, and Fideo pasta.
- Place on the lid and make sure the pressure valve is in the “sealing” position. Select “manual” and set to cook on “high” pressure for 1 minute.
- When done turn the pressure release valve to maually release the pressure. Makes 5 servings.
To cook on the stove top –
- In a stock pot, and the olive oil, carrots, celery, onion, and zucchini. Sauté until tender. Add in the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in the tomatoes, broth, oregano, pasley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the Fideo pasta. Reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: minestrone, meatless, soup, Instant pot, pressure cooker