- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (25 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups dry mini lasagna noodles (mafalda noodles)
- 2–3 cups water, you need enough to just barely cover the noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Using the sauté mode on the Instant Pot, add the ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper. Brown until fully cooker, then drain off any excess grease. Mix in the garlic and cook for a minute. Scrape off any bits at the bottom to prevent the burn signal.
- Press cancel. Add in the sauce. Mix to combine and scrape the pan again to remove of any remaining brown bits.
- Add the noodles on top of the meat/sauce mixture.
- Add the water on top of the noodles, but do NOT mix. Gently press down any noodles that are submerged in the water.
- Place the lid on the pot and be sure the valve is set to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes (high pressure). Do a quick pressure (you don’t want the noodles to over cook). If foam it is spurts out, close the valve for 3 seconds, open for 3 and repeat until spurting stops.
- Mix in the cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top. Place the lid back on to trap the heat. Let sit until the cheese has melted. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes plus time to come to pressure
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian