- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp chicken Better Than Boullion
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard (I used honey Dijon)
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 cup French’s fried onions
- 4 large hamburger buns
- Add the water, boullion, 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce and onion powder to the Instant Pot. Stir together.
- Place the chicken breasts into the liquid in the Instant Pot. Seal the lid and cook for 12 minutes.
- When finished, do a quick release. Remove the cooked chicken and shred with 2 forlks. Discard all the cooking liquid from the Instant Pot.
- Add the shredded chicken, 1 cup BBQ sauce and 1/3 honey into the Instant Pot. Stir until chicken is coated in sauce.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute Normal for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot.
- While the chicken is simmering, add the coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, sugar, mustard, and 1/2 tsp honey into a mixing bowl. Stir until coated well then set aside.
- Toast the hamburger buns in the oven or toaster oven if desired.
- To serve, spoon some of the bbq chicken onto the hamburger buns. Top with coleslaw and French’s fried onions.