- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4–5 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp cold water
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and add the butter. When the butter is melted, add the onion and carrot and sauté for five minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for two minutes, then turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the chicken broth and use a spoon to deglaze the pot.
- Add the potatoes and corn. Next season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the vent. Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for five minutes.
- When the cook time is up, allow the Instant Pot to do a natural release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to remove remaining pressure.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk and cream with the cornstarch and water. This is called a slurry.
- Remove the lid and add the slurry. Stir to combine and add in the ham, then set the pot to sauté for 5 minutes, until the soup begins to thicken.