- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (16 oz) pkg uncooked ziti pasta or other tube-shaped pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 to 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, for serving (optional)
- Pour in the broth then the cream into the Instant pot, Sprinkle in the salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add the pasta; don’t stir! Just arrange into an even layer. Pour the crushed tomatoes evenly over the pasta. Then sprinkle with the oregano and basil over the top. Don’t stir!
- Place the lid on making sure to set the valve to seal. Use the manual setting. To get the amount of time to cook, take the cooking time on the pasta package directions, cut it in half and subtract two minutes for al dente. For softer pasta only subtract one minute.
- Allow the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a manual quick release. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir thoroughly. Serve the ziti and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese or fresh chopped basil. Serves 5-6.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian