- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (19 oz) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese plus addtional if desired for garnish
- Add the chicken broth and frozen tortellini into the Instant Pot.
- Pour the can of crushed tomatoes on top of the tortellini, do not stir.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper and chopped basil on top of the tomatoes.
- Secure the lid, make sure the valve is set to seal.
- Cook on manual high for 1 minute. Allow for a natural pressure release for 3 minute, then a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Turn the Instant Pot onto saute and stir in the heavy cream. Once the soup is boiling, slowly add in the parmesan cheese. Mix until cheese is melted. Serves 4-6.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American