Click here to get your WW Personal Points for this recipe.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced onions
- 3 cans (15 oz each) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable – I use chicken)
- 1 ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ cup flour
- In the insert the Instant Pot, add the olive oil, carrots, and onion. Using the sauté mode cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, basil, sugar, salt, oregano, and baking soda. Stir together and be sure to scape the bottom of the insert to remove and bits on the pan.
- Put the lid on the Instant pot and be sure the valve is set to seal. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes before quick releasing the remaining pressure (if liquid spurts through the valve, close the valve, wait a few minutes and try again).
- In a bowl, whisk the milk, half and half, and flour until very smooth. Add to the soup while whisking.
- Turn the sauté mode and cook, stirring constantly, until the soup is heated through and thickened. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed (this is important to do). Serve immediately.